Helping your children to develop their confidence and self-esteem is an important part of being a good parent. Teaching your child to have a positive body image and to be happy and content with themselves is paramount in building good, solid relationships throughout their school years and then adulthood. This image is often affected by family, friends, social pressure and the media. Low confidence, anxiety and poor self-image lead to under performance, un-popularity and unsatisfied adults.
CBT training will be able to help your children grow in confidence by giving them the basic tools and psychological structure to do so. These are ways in which it could help.
- Learn to let go of anxiety, doubt and fear more easily.
- Be able to relax amongst your peer group enabling the development of long lasting friendships and relationships.
- Help to gain inner strength and self-belief.
- Help develop optimism and determination. This is particularly useful with exam stress.
- Learn to speak positively about yourself and to yourself.
- Low self-esteem in adolescents can lead to destructive behaviour such as eating disorders. Use CBT to create a positive self-image and be happy in your own skin.
The psychology of child confidence is not related to luck or a combination of good genes but is developed through praise, encouragement and love as a developing child. By using psychological strategies and techniques the thought process of a child can be optimised to provide a positive outcome for their future wellbeing. These are all strategies that can be used at a subconscious level.